Courion's Access Risk Management solutions all run on a multi-tier platform implemented using an industry standard, service-oriented architecture. Three logical tiers deliver reliability, scalability and performance because they can be deployed on a single machine or distributed across multiple servers for higher throughput or improved availability. Communications between the logical layers utilizes secure, encrypted web services protocols.
The Publisher Service manages all user interactions. This layer supports the range of various access options available to the user: desktop PC, web browser, telephone keypad, interactive voice response, standalone kiosk or help desk interface. The Publisher Service layer can be embedded in an enterprise portal and customized or branded with the customer’s logo and color scheme, providing the user with a familiar look and feel.
The Application Platform handles all system business logic: workflows, validation and authorization, data management, connector interactions, etc. It contains and manages system configuration files, such as the IdentityMap™, as well as audit transaction logs. Custom reporting functions are available for administrators, and a wide variety of sample reports are available out-of-the-box. Courion’s application platform is based on the Microsoft .NET Framework and meets the high standards of reliability, availability and scalability.
Connector Framework Services
The Courion Connector Framework manages interactions with target systems. Courion connectors are unique in the industry in several key respects. Where other IdM systems might typically use connectors for just for provisioning (add/create/delete/query), Courion connectors provide a wide range of services, including authentication, notification, policy, trigger and reset. Courion's connectors are lightweight, without extensive business logic, making it easier to modify and update them to meet changing industry requirements.
The Courion Connector Framework can be deployed in a multi-tier configuration, using one or more servers. This is useful in a number of situations:
- A target system is located remotely in a distributed network; placing the appropriate connector near the target system improves responsiveness for remote users.
- A target system is hosting mission-critical infrastructure (such as an enterprise directory); using multiple connector servers to communicate with the target provides higher availability and overall performance.
- A customized target system is difficult to manage; isolating a connector to that system on its own dedicated server can minimize any negative impact on other connectors.
Courion's rich connector library contains hundreds of connectors for a wide range of platforms, including operating systems (desktop PCs, servers, mainframes), directories, networks, databases, security systems, help desks, middleware, and packaged enterprise applications, such as ERP (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards. etc.), industry-specific (McKesson, Metavante, Epic, etc.), and many more. Connectors are available from Courion at a low fixed price, or customers can use Courion’s Rapid Development Kit to create custom connectors where no standard connector is available.
Innovative Dynamic Link Technology
The Connector Framework includes Courion’s exclusive Dynamic Link technology that extends the core system to integrate with a wide variety of system services:
- IdentityLink™ — The IdentityLink connection leverages existing databases and directories in real-time, enabling your workflows and rules to use the most current and reliable identity and user data that already exists within your enterprise.
- ServiceLink™ — The ServiceLink connection links in real-time to existing service desk systems, enabling you to leverage your current tools to track the details of every user provisioning action.
- AssetLink™ — The AssetLink connection extends provisioning beyond IT applications to include managing access to tangible assets – such as mobile phones, laptops, vehicles, and security badges – by providing a bi-directional, real-time connection to a variety of widely used asset management systems.
- AuditLink™ — The AuditLink connection monitors all provisioning activity, records detailed transaction data and automatically creates, updates and closes tickets in your help desk application.
- PolicyLink™ — The PolicyLink connection works in conjunction with Dynamic Communities technology to virtualize your policy stores and to build communities out of your infrastructure, thereby modeling your business rules and processes.
Backed by Industry-Proven Services
Each solution in Courion's Access Risk Management portfolio is backed by world-class, expert services delivered directly by Courion or by our Certified Solution Partners. The flexibility and adaptability of the Courion technology platform enables us to deliver the optimal combination of products and services to meet customer business needs. The discovery and implementation methodology used allows customers to efficiently achieve the desired level of policy automation for their targeted business processes. Through our broad array of service capabilities, Courion’s identity management consultants, engineers, and service partners deliver the lifecycle of strategic services and support required to achieve timely deployments, a process for capturing and tracking measurable results, cost-savings, and significant increases in your company’s security and service quality.
Contact Courion for more information on how Courion's best of breed Access Risk Management solutions deliver the industry's fastest time to value and lowest total cost of ownership.